RE: ban treated wood

CCA will not be going away soon, and will probably never go away entirely.

The plan for preservatives is outlined on the American Wood Preservers
Institute (AWPI) web site at:
http://www.preservedwood.com/news/020212ccatrans.html  Check out the links
on that page.  The non-CCA preservatives are copper based materials.

Wolmanized is a process and still could be CCA.  You can specify the
Wolmanized non-CCA preservative called Natural Select
http://www.naturalselect.com/ within the Womanized family.

There is also the Osmose product called NatureWood
http://www.osmose.com/wood/usa/preserved/naturewood/product/.

Another product is called Preserve
http://www.treatedwood.com/products/preserve/

The amount of preservative retained in the wood is what will determine the
application for the treated wood.  Go back to the AWPI web site to find out
the specifics.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague