RE: ban treated wood

Paul,

I did a Google search on, "wood preservative" wolman, (with the quotes) and
one of the sites that came up was www.pacificwood.com.  It has a link to
MSDS, but I haven't had a chance to look at that.  You might find the answers
to your questions there.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Crocker wrote:

. > Does anyone know what chemicals Wolmanized wood uses?  I looked at their
. > web site on the "safety" page:

. > http://www.wolmanizedwood.com/safe.html

. > That page has the following statement: "In laboratory tests, in garden and
. > vegetable studies, in investigations of playground structures, in surveys
. > of carpenters and treating plant workers, and in other research conducted
. > by various organizations, CCA-treated wood has been shown to be harmless
. > when used as recommended." There is also a reference on the "environment"
. > page:

. > http://www.wolmanizedwood.com/environmental.htm

. > This page lists "Benefits of CCA-Treated Wood".  This Since this is on the
. > Wolmanized page, it kind of implies to me that Wolmanized wood uses CCA,
. > though I have heard people say that it does not.  Does anyone know?

. > Paul Crocker, PE, SE