From: eldon(--nospam--at)dsndata.com
To: bbyrom(--nospam--at)vollmer.com
Sent: 7/3/02 2:31 PM
Subject: historical steel deck info

Brad;

Were you able to get any info on Steeltex deck?

This may be entirely wrong but I seem to recall that
steeltex is (was) kind of a heavy  water-proofed paper,
something like tar paper with a wire mesh (chicken wire)
attatched to one side.

It came in rolls about 30 inches wide and was just
rolled out over the top of the joists. In those days
most floor joist spacing was limited to two feet and
it did sag some when the concrete was placed. It was
just a form for the concrete.

There was a product like that but I am not sure
that was the name.

-eldon