From: Hewitt, Chris [mailto:hewitt(--nospam--at)aisc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 12:38 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Historic Steel Shapes

Hi All,

I am trying to locate information on the producers and engineering properties (at least dimensions) of structural steel produced for use in the US before 1873 (before Carnegie adopted the Bessemer process).  I suspect that steel may have been imported to the US prior to that time.

If you know of any place where I might find such information, please let me know.

Thanks

Christopher Hewitt
AISC Staff Engineer