Re: spot welding

>can anyone tell me the procedure for determine the strength of a spot weld
This is tricky business because it's highly procedure dependent. The real
way is to make some trial welds and break them. You can check the AWS
site <http://www.aws.org/> for guidance. Although they're used in lots of
places, I don't know as how I'd use spot welding for structural strength.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw