Re: Drop Panels

Davin,

Since drop panels are usually added to increase the punching shear
resistance, I would typically say that no additional reinforcement is
required for the drop panel.  If for some reason the drop panels are being
added for another reason, then some additional reinforcement in the drop
panels might be appropriate, but with out further details, it is not
possible to really say "yes" or "no" to such a situation.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI