Re: ban treated wood

Previously I'd thought of Wolmaning as CCA treated Hem Fir. Last week-end I visited the Wolmanized Natural Select booth at the Pacific Coast Builders Conference & picked up some literature. Wolman E treatment is also known as CBA Type A. The ICBO ER is 5490. I'm still a little confused since they seem to refer to the material as copper azole and I thought that that material was called ACQ. I also got a copy of a fastener corrosion study which compared ACQ-D with CBA--the CBA did significantly better. For now I'll just spec CBA Type A & not worry about the chemistry.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.