Re: Existing RC beam Strengthening

Mr. Ong :

There are various things to verify; moment capacity,
shear capacity, deflections and cracking.

To improve the strenght (moment and shear) the  way to
go is carbon fiber reinforcement, this is very simple
to apply, and I have used this with very good results.

But if you have problems with deflections and cracking,
then you either have to increase the height of the beam
or use post-tensioning

"T.K. Ong" wrote

> Floor usage of the existing floor to be change thus
some of the rc beam will
> be undercapacity at sagging & hogging moment. Due to
floor clear height
> constraint, the architect not allowed deepen the beam
beam more that 100mm.
> Can any one on the list have experience on this type
of works?

******* ***
http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
> *