Water tank in basement

If the building walls were not originally designed for
holding water, I wonder how we can now use it as a
water storage tank.

The tank is rather large in size.
It's not just the forces, stresses and strains in the
walls.

I am also apprehensive of leakage.

My personal preference is for a rectangular steel tank
to be fabricated and placed in position, and
continuously supported on the floor. There must be a
gap between the external walls of the steel tank and
the concrete load bearing walls (sufficient for
maintenance and painting)

This is an orthodox solution.
I am not aware if this will be cheaper than a bladder
that was also suggested.

G Vishwanath