retaining wall design

I have been asked to design a five foot tall retaining wall.  A three story apartment complex lies about three feet away from the proposed retaining wall.  The client does not have access to the structural drawings for the apartment complex.  Could you all advice me on what to look out for during the desing phase and also during the construction phase so that there is no damage to the apartment complex.

Thanks in advance.

Gautam Manandhar
--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup