Re: Anchor Rod Repair

A couple of things to think about - if their are columns below these base plates, the tendons will presumably be at their high point,  you could carefully chip out the concrete to a depth of about two inches.  If you haven't seen colored plastic, you are probably not going to hit tendons.

If you are going to go looking for the tendons with something, I wouldn't advise the Hilti Ferroscan.  It seems too much like a fish finder.

There is a company called something like Sensors & Technology that makes a kind of "radar for dummies" machine (no offense meant to anyone that has one,  it is just advertised as super easy to use).

There is a company called something like G & M Concrete in the DC area that has one although I don't know anything about them.

Gail Kelley, P.E.