From: Haan, Scott M.
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 5:19 PM
Subject: RE: Drop Panels

If you have negative moment you need steel to resist it.  Also you need at least 2 continuous bottom bars in the column strip through the column core.  Also see ACI 318 Fig. 13.3.8.  Tell me the buildings you guys are designing without reinforcement in the drop panels so I can stay on the top floor.

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division
Development Services Department