RE: Component Amplification factor a.p

No it is not just a straight ratio of periods.  It's a function of some
equations that include damping ratio and other Greek letters.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

*********

                    "Timothy P.
                    Spengler"            To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    <timothyps@clea
                    npak.com>            cc:
                    07/11/02 10:57
                    AM                   Subject:     RE: Component Amplification factor a.p
                    Please respond
                    to seaint                                                                                .....

Rick,

Thanks for the response.  Just a quick follow-up: Is a.p just a straight
ratio of the component period divided by the structure period, or do I need
to dig out my structural dynamic's book and do some research?

Tim