From: Wayne E. Beckingham [mailto:wbeckingham(--nospam--at)stroudpence.com]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 5:16 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: FW: Question

To whom it may concern:

I am looking for some information on a floor framing system that we have
encountered in the renovation of an existing building in Richmond, VA.  We
believe the floor system is called "The Metropolitan System".  It consists
of a wood chip / gypsum? mix that was poured over draped wire strands.  The
system is supported by a grid of steel beams.  The wire strands terminate
around the flanges of the perimeter steel beams.  The wood chip / gypsum
slab encapsulates the steel beams for fire protection.  We are interested in
any information that someone may have, including material strengths,
calculation methods, and allowable loadings.

Wayne Beckingham, P.E.
wbeckingham(--nospam--at)stroudpence.com
Richmond, Va