Re: OMRF (R value) (code development process)

Charlie.

The City of Los Angeles has been very proactive in Code development.  The
City has assigned engineers who have very competently participated with
committees of the Structural Engineers Association of So. CA in the
development of seismic hazard mitigation Codes for existing buildings.  The
recently published [by ICBO] Guidelines for Seismic Hazard Mitigation of
Existing Buildings [GSREB], which will be incorporated by reference into the
IBC has a history of Los Angeles City Building Department participation that
goes back to at least 1980 [to my knowledge], and perhaps earlier.

I'll send you separately, the name of a contact, or have him contact you.

Nels

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA