Re: OMRF (R value) (code development process)

Ah, but then ACI is not being bought off by the steel industry in order to
make the design provisions more accomidating!! ;-)

In case you didn't get my tongue-in-check, I was of course just giving
Charlie a hard time.

To be more serious, you do have to realize that there is a SIGNIFICANT
difference between ACI and AISC.  ACI is only/purely a technical
organization and AISC is both a technical organization AND the steel
industry trade organization.  As a result, AISC does have more sources of
revenue that ACI (and ASCE and TMS).  Thus, it is more likely that AISC
has more revenue that they can use to fund the travel of some committee
members.

Now, I suppose someone could try to get PCA (the concrete trade
organization) to fund the travel of some ACI 318 members who otherwise
would not be able to participate/attend ACI 318 meetings.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI