Re: Masonry Lap Splices

Jake,
I've seen people reduce the lap splice as you mentioned, but I don't
recall specifically seeing this in the ACI 530 code. Is it in there
somewhere?

Also, I think ACI 530 permits bars at lap splices to be separated by up
to 8 inches, so, surprisingly, the bars can actually be in adjacent
cells. I don't have my code at home so I can't quote the section, but I
feel sure it's in there.

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC