Roof Equipment

I'd like to get some opinions on what seismic forces others are using for
anchoring roof top mounted mechanical equipment, particularly with a Ca of
0.57 for Southern California.

Table 16-O is pretty explicite in Item 3,C that an Ap of 2.5 and Rp of 3.0 be
used, therefore Formula 32-2 seems to kick in, since these values are not in
the "non-building" formulas. With Hx=Hr, Formula 32-2 results in a strength Fp
of 1.9Wp and ASD force of 1.36Wp, which seem awfully high.

Any opinions?

Larry Hauer, S.E.