Re: Re-issuing Certification Letter

David,

        There may also be a legal issue regarding the dates.  Any statutes of limitation might (depending on your local laws) be construed as starting from the latest date on the documentation.  For that reason (given free choice with no other legal implications) I would prefer to exactly duplicate the previous leter(s) including all dates and signatures.  If you want to take it a bit further you might even state in your cover letter that these are copies not a reassessment or reaffirmation of the original.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

"M. David Finley, P.E." wrote:

A goverment agency has asked that I provide additional signed and sealed originals of a signed and sealed letter I did last year.  A cover letter with photocopies of the orginal letter apparently is not adequate. I don't want to sign and seal copies of the letter with the original date - I don't feel comfortable "backdating" my signature/seal.  However, I don't particulary want to have 2 different sets of originals - one with last year's date and one with the current date. Any suggestions?  M. David Finley, P.E.
Professional Engineering Consultants, Inc.
3810 South First Street - Suite 7
Lake City, FL  32025
386-752-6400