Re: Re-issuing Certification Letter

David,

This makes some sense to me.  Re-issue the letter with the original date
and then right below that put someting like "Re-issued at the request of
the building official on XX/XX/XXXX" or something like that.  This would
show that the building department ask for it to be reissued.  You might
even consider doing it as a little "disclaimer" at the bottom that could
include the supposed reason why they wanted it re-issued (i.e. wanted an
original signature and stamp, not copied).

I will also add my own disclaimer...maybe you should consult your
attorney.  After all, I am just a dumb engineer not an attorney! <grin>

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI