Re: Re-issuing Certification Letter

I am also not street smart and only a dumb engineer
and may be I can't see beyond my drawings and
calculations.

But...

If what was signed and sealed a year ago was correct,
and we see no reason to change our mind regarding
anything it contained, what could be the problem in
signing it once again and putting the same date and
stamp if the Govt Agency requests it?

It may help win the goodwill of the Government agency.
May be they have misplaced the document and find it
embarrassing to admit it.

If this helps the project or client, and does not
compromise our interest or the client's interest,  why
not accede to this request?

Don't we print and send out additional copies of
drawings at a later date without changing the original
dates on the drawings?

Maybe we are exposing ourselves to the charge that
documents one year old are being sent NOW.

But that could be sorted out with a covering letter
clearly stating that these docuemnts  are being sent
again with the same date because of a specific request
and we can give reference to that request.

Innocent, inexperienced in the ways of the world,
curious and willing to be enlightened,

G Vishwanath