Re: Re-issuing Certification Letter

To me, it largely depends on what is being certified.  If David was
certifying something like "this addition to the building is code
complaint", then there _IS_ potentially a time element envolved.  You
could have a situation that what was being certified at the original time
is no longer true.  Thus, if David were to just re-issue the letter with a
new date, he could get caught in a situation where the thing he was
certifying is no longer true as of this time and a letter dated now would
be implying that it was still true.

Thus, I would not just re-issue the letter with a new date.  I would
somehow re-issue the letter with the original date on that letter with
some sort of statement saying the letter is being re-issued.  In theory,
this could be accomplished by a cover letter, but there is no guarentee
that the cover letter would stay with the certifying letter.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI