Roof Mounted Equipment

Sent the following message a few days ago and didn't receive any responses.
Can anyone help on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to get some opinions on what seismic forces others are using for

anchoring roof top mounted mechanical equipment, particularly with a Ca of

0.57 for Southern California.

Table 16-O is pretty explicite in Item 3,C that an Ap of 2.5 and Rp of 3.0 be

used, therefore Formula 32-2 seems to kick in, since these values are not in

the "non-building" formulas. With Hx=Hr, Formula 32-2 results in a strength Fp

of 1.9Wp and ASD force of 1.36Wp, which seem awfully high.

Any opinions?

Larry Hauer, S.E.