Re: Weyerhaeuser Wood I-Joists

Are there any other identifying marks on the web or flanges? Weyerhaeuser may have just provided the web material for the manufacturer of the I-joists. If you can e-mail a photo of the stamps, that may help identify the joists. As a minumum, there should be some stamps on the joists identifying the series, some code approval numbers, the manufacture date and plant, etc...  Some of this info could be coded, so it would read as a bunch of numbers or letters.

Mike Perakis, P.E.
Trus Joist

>>> 73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com 07/15/02 02:09PM >>>
Colleagues,

I am looking for information (load capacities and structural properties) on
Weyerhaeuser wood I-joists, ca. 1989, 18" deep with sawn 2 X 4 flanges,
OSB/waferboard web, spanning ~ 23 feet.

TIA

A. Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona