Re: Weyerhaeuser Wood I-Joists

Mike I also responded to Roger confidentially.

My guess is that it may actually be Weyerhaeuser product.  They made I-joists on a limited basis for a short period of time and I think 1989 sounds about right.  I forwarded Dave Gromala's phone number and suggested that Roger give him a call....he will almost certainly know who to speak with at Weyco and how to get a copy of the old code report.

Your comment is a good one though...perhaps he isn't really sure what he has.

Thanks.

Ned Waltz, P.E.
Corporate Engineer
Technology Center
Trus Joist, A Weyerhaeuser Business
P.O. Box 8449
Boise, ID 83707

Ph:  (208) 332-4232
Fax: (208) 332-4220

>>> PerakiM(--nospam--at)trusjoist.com 07/15/02 12:48PM >>>
Are there any other identifying marks on the web or flanges? Weyerhaeuser may have just provided the web material for the manufacturer of the I-joists. If you can e-mail a photo of the stamps, that may help identify the joists. As a minumum, there should be some stamps on the joists identifying the series, some code approval numbers, the manufacture date and plant, etc...  Some of this info could be coded, so it would read as a bunch of numbers or letters.

Mike Perakis, P.E.
Trus Joist

>>> 73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com 07/15/02 02:09PM >>>
Colleagues,

I am looking for information (load capacities and structural properties) on
Weyerhaeuser wood I-joists, ca. 1989, 18" deep with sawn 2 X 4 flanges,
OSB/waferboard web, spanning ~ 23 feet.

TIA

A. Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona