Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
collector increases[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: collector increases
- From: "Mark Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:28:36 -0700
For a wood collector carrying load to a moment frame:
For checking combined bending + axial of collector (load combination of 1612.4, strength level forces) is it correct to use 1.7 stress increase per 1633.2.6 and 1.33 load duration factor Cd per Chapter 23 of Div. III ? And if so, why doesn't the design example in Volume II (page 273-274) use the Cd=1.33?
For a steel strap connection, (collector to collector across a girder) or... for the connection of the collector to the moment frame, same question. Use 1.7 & 1.33 for bolt in wood capacity?
- Prev by Subject: RE: codifying engineering judgement, not possible
- Next by Subject: RE: collector increases
- Previous by thread: RE: Pier And Beam Foundation - Uplift
- Next by thread: RE: collector increases