RE: How is an Engineer certified as a forensics expert?

>Can someone explain to me how an engineer
>becomes certified as a forensics expert within the
>science of structural engineering?

To become an expert, you have to buy a nice briefcase and travel out of town. Sorry. I couldn't resist proliferating that old quip. (-: It's kinda true, though.

Seriously, though, I'm not aware of any certification program for forensic engineering. Those engineers I'd consider forensic experts established themselves through the school of hard knocks with a lot of time put into analysis and investigation of failures and remediation work.

Charlie