Re: How is an Engineer certified as a forensics expert?

A couple of links that maybe of interest.

National Academy of Forensic Engineers
http://www.nafe.org/

ASTM Committee E30 on Forensic Sciences   (E30.05 is Engineering)
http://www.astm.org/

Pursuing due diligence and investigative work for attorneys, owners,
insurance companies, et cetera in order to establish oneself in this area of
work. Utilize all expertise that you now posses within a particular area of
design (i.e. rehabilitation of deteriorated steel structures or process
equipment for example) to market our skills and assets to these types of
clients.

Rich