From: KRALIK Georg -NUCLEAR [mailto:georg.kralik(--nospam--at)opg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 10:22 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: FW: Effects of Fire on Concrete

I am trying to locate some photographs on the web of how fire affects
reinforced concrete members.  There are hundreds of photographs available of
structural failures as a result of earthquakes, tornadoes, etc., but so far
I have not found any showing a structural failure resulting from a fire,
only reports and research papers describing the effect with drawings or
sketches but no usable photographs.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you . . .

GEORG A. M. KRALIK, P.Eng.,  M.Eng. -  Structural,  B.A.Sc. - Civil
Senior Design Engineer - Civil/Structural
Ontario Power Generation - Nuclear,  Engineering Services Division
      Engineering Mechanics Department,  Civil/Fire Safety Section
700 University Avenue - H12 D08,   Toronto,   Ontario,   Canada    M5G 1X6
      Tel.: (416) 592­4341,   FAX: (416) 592­8802.     [ alternate FAX:
(416) 592­5322 ]
e­mail:  georg.kralik(--nospam--at)opg.com <mailto:georg.kralik(--nospam--at)opg.com>