RE: Steel Joist Table Cutoff

Title: Steel Joist Table Cutoff
Maybe it's because no one manufacturers a K series joist that will go that far and the same manufacturers would prefer that you specify a long span joist.
-----Original Message-----
From: Zachary Goswick [mailto:ZachG(--nospam--at)angusyoung.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 4:24 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Steel Joist Table Cutoff

Does anybody know why the cutoff for the steel joist tables in the SJI manual is where it is?
I am looking at a 41' span that I want to use a 20K series joist, but the table stops at 40'.
Is there some kind of limit they use to stop the load values?  Has anybody encountered this before?

Zachary Goswick, P.E.
Structural Engineer
Angus-Young Associates, Inc.
555 South River Street
Janesville, WI  53545-4827
Phone: (608)756-2326
Fax: (608)756-0464
Email: zachg(--nospam--at)angusyoung.com