Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Column Buckling[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Column Buckling
- From: Michael Bryson <MBryson(--nospam--at)mhpse.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:05:04 -0700
From the HSS spec:
lambda = b/t = (200-3(5) ) / 5 = 37.0
For Fy= 46ksi:
lambda_r = 1.4(29,0000/46)^.5 = 35.15
since lambda > lambda_r the section has a slender-element cross section. Therefore, there will be some local buckling.
How many people call out HSS vs. TS ? Is there a difference? Is there any reason to call out HSS over TS on the drawings?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Column Buckling
- Next by Subject: RE: Column Buckling
- Previous by thread: RE: Column Buckling
- Next by thread: RE: Column Buckling