Re: Column Buckling

How many people call out HSS vs. TS ?

within the last 6 months i've tried to call out HSS for my sections at 2 different firms, only to be overruled by my superiors.

 Is there a difference?

i think people are correlating TS with nominal wall thicknesses and HSS with actual thicknesses.  the end result is that if they use the "green" book they callout TS.  i don't think anyone using a "black" or "navy blue" book would have a problem using HSS.

Is there any reason to call out HSS over TS on the drawings?

just a transition period, me thinks...