Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Column Buckling[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Column Buckling
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:25:57 -0500
HSS is the official designation as established by the Steel Tube Institute (yes, I get the irony that they still have Tube in their name). Specifying TS does not get you a product with a thicker wall than an HSS of the same nominal designation. TS (old designator) and HSS (new designator) are the same thing. The change was arbitrary and capricious, but made nonetheless.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Column Buckling
- Next by Subject: RE: Column Buckling (local buckling in HSS)
- Previous by thread: Re: Column Buckling
- Next by thread: How is an Engineer certified as a forensics expert?