RE: Job burnout

I agree with many of the other comments about changing jobs and finding a
company who truly appreciates your efforts. I wanted to mention some other
factors that may add or reduce the stress in your life.

I think the aspect of "time off" is very important. Do not devote all your
awaking hours to your job. Get more involved with your family, friends,
church, community and hobbies. Renew your relationship with God, your
spouse, your kids, your friends. Make new friends. Learn something new.
Consider what is most important in your life (it is not work). Do not bring
your work home and do not think about it on your time off. Do not study
engineering or read engineering magazines at home. Do something completely
different on your time off (example: learn to play the piano).......the
farther removed from engineering the better.

These activities should renew and refresh you and will give you a different
prospective on life.

Another aspect that can substantially add to your stress is "the concept of
trying to have it all" today. We have a tendency to complicate our own
lives. Take positive steps to "simplify" your life. How many things or
activities can you live without? What is most important to you? What are you
doing because everyone else is doing it? What is society saying that you
must do it? You may be trying to squeeze too much into your life. Are you
getting the proper rest you need?

These things are very important to your own mental well being.

Jim K.