RE: Job burnout

I'm not sure I can say that I successfully overcame job burnout (I haven't),
but I DO have some advice:

1. Get a new job. It sounds like to me you work in a sweat shop. Get out of
there!

2. Get a life (outside of the office). Take up golf, tennis, chess,
skydiving, camping, whatever.

Whatever you are doing in the office is nowhere near as important as you
think it is by letting it eat you up. Here's a good barometer. Imagine
yourself sitting in a wheelchair in a nursing home, just looking out the
window. You don't get visitors anymore and your biggest thrill is looking
forward to that strawberry jello. Here's the test: Are you thinking about
that deadline you made? Are you thinking that you should have put in one
more Saturday at the office? Or rather, are you thinking that you wished you
had spent a little more time with your kids or taken that trip to Costa Rica
with that "impulsive" friend of yours?

The decision is yours.

Tick-tock.

Regards,