RE: Steel Moment Frames in Seismic Zone 0

Okay, dumb question time (I seem to be the one that brings them up, so other
people don't have to. C'mon, you know who you are!)

Anyway, I haven't had time to catch up with the IBC as yet, though I do have
a copy sitting here looking pretty. I remember hearing that seismic design
is going to HAVE to be considered even in places were it never was before
(i.e. Zone 0/Zone 1). Is this true?

It appears from Charlie's response to Mark that this is the case. I know I
could just crack open the UBC and start reading (and I've even purchased
several of the supplemental publications such as the "Structural/Seismic
Design Manual for IBC Vol. 1," so I could go there as well).

But I like the capsule descriptions that folks like Charlie and Harold
always give.

Thanks.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company