Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Stainless steel rust[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Stainless steel rust
- From: "Glenn Otto" <glenn(--nospam--at)libertyeng.net>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:23:03 -0400
Speaking of rust and stainless steel, I was in a poo-poo pump station to observe fiberglass gratings and handrails stiffness and stuff. I was also looking around and noticed that the stainless steel plates that were bent to form pipe brackets/supports were showing rust wherever the bends were. The non-bent portions were OK. I surmised that this was due to the heat used to bend the pieces changing some molecules around. Has anyone observed this phenomenon elsewhere?
Glenn C. Otto, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Stainless Steel Corrosion
- Next by Subject: RE: Stainless steel rust
- Previous by thread: Re: Fixed File Cabinet - Dead Load or Li
- Next by thread: RE: Stainless steel rust