Stainless steel rust

Speaking of rust and stainless steel, I was in a poo-poo pump station to observe fiberglass gratings and handrails stiffness and stuff.  I was also looking around and noticed that the stainless steel plates that were bent to form pipe brackets/supports were showing rust wherever the bends were.  The non-bent portions were OK.  I surmised that this was due to the heat used to bend the pieces changing some molecules around.  Has anyone observed this phenomenon elsewhere?

Glenn C. Otto, P.E.

LIBERTY ENGINEERING, P.C.

Virginia Beach, VA