Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

steel brace

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
	I would like to use a brace that goes from a beam to column connection at
one level to the middle of a beam at the next level.
The brace would be part of the lateral resisting system for a building
located in a seismic zone 3  (1997 UBC).
It doesn't seem to meet any of the definitions for braces in the UBC.

Can I use this type of brace?

If I can, how would this brace be classified? (Eccentric, Concentric, etc)

Thanks in advance,

Greg Meyer

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********