steel brace

	I would like to use a brace that goes from a beam to column connection at
one level to the middle of a beam at the next level.
The brace would be part of the lateral resisting system for a building
located in a seismic zone 3  (1997 UBC).
It doesn't seem to meet any of the definitions for braces in the UBC.

Can I use this type of brace?

If I can, how would this brace be classified? (Eccentric, Concentric, etc)

Thanks in advance,

Greg Meyer