Apt quote on Corrosion

Thanks to Desi Kiss and Richard Beldyk and others for
that illuminating discussion on Corrosion.

I had the benefit of a quick "Refresher Course" by
reading those posts.

I am preserving these mails to be read again.

I am reminded of an apt quote that I heard when I was
learning about Corrosion.

"Corrosion is metallurgy in reverse."

How true!

Metallurgy produces steel from iron oxide
Corrosion produces iron oxide from Steel.

Regards
G Vishwanath
Bangalore, India