From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: UBC/IBC: Question re CFS with Gypsum Board Sheathing
(Shearwall)

Y'know, someone else told me that but I haven't been able to confirm it. Do
you have any further information? (FWIW, my informant is notoriously
unreliable, so you're the first ostensibly reliable source I've heard from).

Nevertheless, (1) the project is actually just outside the city limits, and
is in Harris County, and (2) I'm simply using the CoH building code as a "go
by." I do doubt seriously that seismic is going to govern anything on this
job. It's wind all the way.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, TX, USA