From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 3:37 PM
To: SEAOC List
Subject: Conduit in concrete slabs

Hello All,

I am looking for consensus on the current practice regarding the permitting of conduit in elevated concrete slabs.  We are reviewing our specifications.

I am considering three categories, conventional, post-tensioned, and concrete over metal deck.  Also, do you differentiate between rigid conduit and the currently popular plastic flex conduit.

All input is appreciated.  We are accused of being out-of date and too restrictive (what else is new).  I will be happy to repost a summary once it is compiled.

Thanks,