RE: UBC/IBC: Question re CFS with Gypsum Board Sheathing (Shearwall)

According to the ICC website, Houston has adopted the IBC code
(http://www.intlcode.org/government/adoptions.htm).  While not as good as
getting is from "the horses mouth" (i.e. the local code offical), it is
what I would consider a reliable source.  Additionally, at least according
to the main map on the site listed above, Texas is listed as "one
or more International Codes currently enforced statewide."  Don't know
what that means fully, but I know that in the case of Michigan (which is
listed similarly) the state has adopted the 2000 IBC and _ALL_
jurisdictions must follow it (or something more severe).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI