RE: Nelson Studs Shear Capacity

Will http://www.nelsonstudwelding.com/ help you out?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Najjarine [mailto:enajjarine(--nospam--at)permasteelisausa.com]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 11:24 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Nelson Studs Shear Capacity

Thanks Mark, but

This is for the allowable shear of the bolt in concrete (composite action),
I'm looking for the shear and tension capacity of the bolt welded to steel
plate w/o concrete. I guess I need to know the weld capacity of the stud to
a metal plate, is it determined using AISC table J2.5 ( what type of weld
would I consider and what size is commonly used)?

Thanks,

Ed