RE: Wind connections at round 8" columns

>Anyone out there have a practical simple
>frame, with wind connection top and bottom
>angle detail, to an 8" diameter HSS? Would
>like to use a bolted connection to permit
>the joint to rotate.

Could you consider turning the wind connection 90 degrees so that it
moment-connects the column to the girder running over top. If it is round,
an end-plate style detail (well, cap plate for that configuration) might be
better. Fewer pieces and less geometry to deal with. Actually, I like that
detail for rectangular HSS too.

Charlie