ASTM A 333

From: "Mauro Bono" mbing(--nospam--at)tin.it
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASTM A 333

I'm an italian structural engineer. I designed a structure with circular
steel columns ø600mm 10mm thick. Material specification are, accordin
italian building code "Fe 430 C" type steel that hase the following
properties:
tensile strenght >430N/mm²
yield strenght >275N/mm²
elongation >28%
impact test @ 0°C >27J
According to European Norm EN 100025 it is equivalent to:
S275J0 as per EN 10027-1
St-44-3U in Germany
E-28-3 in France
43C in U.K.

My contractor require to use, due to availability, a pipe made of ASTM A 333
grade 6 steel. Since I'm not an expert of ASTM specification, I've some
question:
can anyone tell me what mechanical and chemical properties the ASTM A 333
grade 6 steel has?
since I found that it's a special use steel (low temperatures), is it
suitable for structural application?
which kind of steel would you prescribe for steel round columns?

I'll really appreciate any clue!

Thanks.

Mauro