From: Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 1:42 PM
To: 'SEAINT'
Subject: Shear

Does anyone know why for Concrete design per ACI 318-95  11.1.3.1 you are
not allowed to ignore concentrated loads within a distance "d" from the
support for shear yet for Wood design, you can ignore all loads within a
distance "d" from the support per NDS '97 3.4.3a (Figure 3D). Shouldn't
proceedures for wood and concrete be the same? Is NDS ignoring some effect
that they should not be?

Jim K.