From: Eleanor G. Guarin [mailto:eguarin(--nospam--at)escaengineers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:18 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Flexible vs. Rigid Diaphram

Erik,

This is what i know, -  it is general practice to consider diaphragm made of
cast in place concrete, precast concrete with concrete topping, and metal
deck with concrete fill as RIGID, but diaphragms made of precast planks
without concrete topping, metal deck without concrete fill and plywood
sheathing as FLEXIBLE.

Eleanor G. Guarin, CE
ESCA Engineers
Quezon City, Philippines