RE: Crimped web angle

Arturo,

Crimping a single steel angle would change it from a hot rolled shape to a
cold formed shape.  The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) developed
the Cold Formed Steel Design Manual.  The Manual was developed as the code
for determining the strength of cold formed elements in general and for
compression elements that would include crimped legs of single angle
members.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague