Re: USS Sheet Pile Design Manual

The USS Steel Sheet Pile Design Manual is a true classic and well worth the
search.  The copy I have came as an appendix to the CalTrans Publication
"California Trenching and Shoring Manual".  The CalTrans manual is also an
excellent publication, full of good information in an easy to understand and
apply format.  The CalTrans Manual cost $50 in 1999 and included the USS
Manual.  The CalTrans manual was available then (and I assume is now) from
the Division of Structures, Office of Structure Construction, Sacremento,
California.  Contact telephone number 916-227-8982.

Caltrans also publishes excellent (both in content and in value) publications
on Falsework, Foundations, Bridge Deck Construction and Prestressed Concrete
Construction.

I design temporary structures for a general contractor in Maine, and have
found all these publications great buys.

Alan Fisher
Chief Structural Engineer
Cianbro Corporation
Portland, Maine