Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Void forms under Grade Beams[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Void forms under Grade Beams
- From: "Gerard Madden, PE" <gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:31:50 -0700
This has been debated before, I think Bill P brought it up a year or so.
On pier and grade beam foundations, soils engineers commonly call out for void forms under the grade beams or you have to design for an upward force of something life 1000 psf on the grade beam.
I guess I have a little trouble picturing why this is required. In my mind, if soil wants to expand, wouldn’t it just expand around the grade beam taking the least resistive path?
Any comments/ education is appreciated
- Prev by Subject: Re: RE: USS Sheet Pile Design Manual
- Next by Subject: RE: Void forms under Grade Beams
- Previous by thread: RE: Slab-on-grade control joint question
- Next by thread: RE: Void forms under Grade Beams